Thursday 28 April 2011

How well does the Apple tv stream netflix movies? Is it worth having it strictly to watch netflix movies.?

How well does the Apple tv stream netflix movies? Is it worth having it strictly to watch netflix movies.?

I am really thinking about export the apple tv sdevice to stream my netflix library right to my tv. 1) Do I need a HDTV to do this?
2) How well does it stream netflix movies? It said that I don’t even need an internet tie to do this.
PLEASE HELP!
Sincerely,
One who is sick of pouring to Blockbusters:)

Answer by TV guy
Apple TV requires an HD TV – it only has HDMI output
You do need broadband – There is no magic
If you just want to stream netflix, The Roku Box is cheaper and ancient versions supported non-HD TVs as well.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

iTunes Movie Rentals
apple movies

Image by Stuart Bryant
Found this piece of text at the bottom of the iPod Touch page on the UK Apple Store, does this mean iTunes movie rentals coming to the UK in Feb.? Hope so!

I am running out of space on my harddrive of my Macbook due to the quantity of movies and TV shows I have. So can I buy an extra harddrive to store my media files on that way they will still be reachable for my Apple TV? Would that work? I’ve never owned an extra harddrive. Would I just buy one from Apple? Would it need to be plugged into my computer for Apple TV to utilize it?

Answer by Ab C
You can buy what are called “external hard drives.” They are usually attached to the PC/Mac with a standard USB cable. They are usually small and inexpensive, as long as you don’t mind toting around a small case with your Mac Book.

Answer by Frostfire
Question Apple.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Rumor: Apple’s cloud service comes with subscription fee
CNET has heard from “music industry insiders” that Apple’s long-rumored cloud service is indeed coming, but with a subscription fee. When it first launches, the service, which supposedly will act as a “music locker,” allowing you to store and access a music pool in the cloud, may be available free of charge. But the plot is to eventually charge for it, and most estimations (also renowned as …
Read more on The Unofficial Apple Weblog

The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again

Price: $ 1.99

The MacBook Wheel lets consumers accomplish everyday responsibilities like typing with just a few dozen spins and clicks of a wheel.
Video Rating: 4 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment