Wednesday 27 April 2011

Where can I find piano sheet music for Ernesto Nazareth "Topazio Liquido" (Liquid Topaz)?

Where can I find piano sheet music for Ernesto Nazareth "Topazio Liquido" (Liquid Topaz)?

I found two music books on Amazon but neither included this song. A 12 year ancient neighbor desires to learn it after she heard it on a CD but she desires to learn from the score and not by ear.
After searching for more than an hour, I finally found a site which will sell me the rights to print the sheet music out and they even had the song I wanted. Nice. The Internet is fantastic.

Answer by new_visions
from the internet!!!!

Answer by :: inner-city G ::
She should practise learning songs by ear, not everything can be found on sheet music sites!

Add your own answer in the comments!

Horace Silver
amazon sheet music for piano

Image by Fred Seibert
Color photography by Francis Wolff

"Blue Note Jazz Photography of Francis Wolff"

The Blue Note Being: The Jazz Photography of Francis Wolff

Blue Note Records was formed in 1939 by two German immigrants to the USA, producer Alfred Lion and photographer Francis (Frank) Wolff.

Mosaic Records is the brainchild of Charlie Lourie and producer Michael Cuscuna. Ahead of schedule on they all ears on the music of Blue Note Records –Michael literally wrote the discography– though neither of them had ever met the legendary founder Alfred Lion.

A few being after they started the business Alfred, retired down South, started a phone relationship with Mosaic, charitable them tips and an rare session photo. When he died, his wife Ruth called Charlie and Michael and offered them custody of Francis Wolff’s personal Blue Note photo archive, which was stored in her bedroom in a trunk, having never been touched since Frank’s death in 1971.

Each Sunday for months, Michael, Charlie and yours truly would meticulously go through the negatives and contact sheets to archive the stuff. We launched Mosiac Editions to distribute the best work, and eventually Mosiac lublished the two books of Frank’s work referenced above.

You know those electronic book devices that Amazon makes? Kindles? Well, I was wondering if it is possible to download and view sheet music for instruments on them? Like piano sheet music, for example.

AND, if the Kindle doesn’t do that, is there another Kindle equivalent that does?

Answer by Branqazwsx
Who Knows

Answer by Pauline A
What is the file format for your sheet music? If it is in format recognized by the Kindle, then it will be able to read it. See the section “Files Kindle Recognizes” for details:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&house=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fhelp%2Fcustomer%2Fdisplay.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26nodeId%3D200375630&tag=moreinfo-po-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

Hope it helps :)

Answer by Jayme
It may be possible, but I can’t imagine it being comfortable for actual playing. Sheet music is nice and large for a reason, and a kindle screen is tiny in comparison. It doubtless wouldn’t show too well either honestly on any of the current readers since I reckon they’d have to show it as a photo, so no realignment, zooming, etc.

Answer by Steve
What is the file format for your sheet music? If it is in format recognized by the Kindle, then it will be able to read it. See the section “Files Kindle Recognizes” for details:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/show.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200375630

Amazon Kindle 2
http://tinyurl.com/ybj5f8n

Review:
As one of the original Kindle’s largest fans and an title-holder for over a year, I can speak to the Kindle from two perspectives–the benefits of owning a Kindle, and Kindle 2 improvements (as I’ve now had it for half a day)

The benefits of owning a Kindle (these do not change)
- Absolutely, Jeff Bezos is right that the Kindle ‘disappears’ as you read it…as I read other reviews (and non-user critiques) about the Kindle, this point is often lost. Once you have the Kindle in your hands, you forget everything and be converted into immersed in the content of what you’re reading. Isn’t that really the whole point?
- I read more now that I have my Kindle, 10 being out of college than I did when I was in school, and I really delight in it. Books look a lot less intimidating when they aren’t sitting on your bookshelf and 3 inches thick. I recently finished Team of Rivals, and I am sure that if I had to read it in book form, I would never have gotten through it because it would have felt so intimidating.
- Heft and weight is a complete non-issue with the Kindle. I like to read in odd positions (in bed, on the couch, on a plane, poolside, shifting around in a lounge chair) and I’ve always had distress with real books because unless you are in the absolute middle of the book, it always is weighted to one side or another and frankly, my arm and pinkie finger gets tired holding it up. The Kindle is balanced and portable, and entirely usable in any situation.
- I can be in the middle of a lot of different books at once…not much more to say here. You never run out of space on the Kindle, and though it may be a small bit hard to maneuver around a lot of books in your library, it’s still better to have access to all your books at any time.
- I now read newspapers. I always found physical newspapers to be clumsy and take up too much space to really subscribe to. They are fantastic for small content pieces, but terrible for reading in transit because the pages are so huge. I also read some articles on my BlackBerry, but find for myself scrolling a lot and waiting a long time for page loads. On the Kindle, you have wireless delivery, simple navigation, no ads, no need to flip to page D17 and find the house everywhere you left off. You also have a searchable/annoted/bookmarked archive of all your newspaper articles if you ever need to find something again.
- All of these things can doubtless be accomplished with any eBook reader. The difference with the Kindle is that you have wireless delivery of content. This means, literally, that I can be sitting on the plane, start talking about what excellent books the guy sitting next to me has read recently, look it up on my Kindle, read the reviews and download it before the rest of the passengers have boarded and the plane doors close. This has happened.
- My largest complaint, which I’m sure will be addressed in due course is that the entire wireless benefit does not exist outside of the US. I have taken my Kindle to Canada, Mexico and Plates, and I found that I had to (gasp), choose what I wanted to have on my Kindle before I left the US. Foreign language support would also be a plus, but again, I see why this might come later.

Now, onto improvements with the Kindle 2
- There are the obvious ones: sleeker look and feel (it feels solid in your hands), sharper screen, no longer accidentally depressing the next page button by accident and having to find your house in the book again…you can read about these from various sources)
- The 5-way button, though a bit small, allows you to select left and right, and not just up and down like the original version. This is very helpful when you want to select and highlight.
- There are now two layers of interaction…before when you were reading a paper, you could only go back to the previous screen to select the next article. Now, there is an option at the bottom of the screen to skip to the next article when you tire of the current one.
- Page loads are much quicker. I can feel that the delay between pages is much less. Only issue is I need to recalibrate now–in general, I try to anticipate how much time it will take the next page to load, and when I’m two shape from the bottom, I would hit the next page button. Now I need to push the button later.
- Text to speech is cloogey, but fun. I’m not sure how helpful this will end up being. I tried to have the voice read the user’s manual to me and it paused at commas and periods, but skipped right over hard returns. It also scrolled the page as it was reading, so if you are trying learn English and don’t mind developing a metallic accent, it could really help. :-) You can also choose, male/female

Answer by Mike P
If the sheet music is in PDF or Word format, they can be read on a Kindle.

I like my Kindle 2 very much. If you’re considering to get the Kindle, just get it and you won’t regret. Right now I’ve read over 10 books with the Kindle, and I really like the thought that I can bring and store all the books with the handy device. Besides, it uses the e-ink technology, it is really clear like reading books; and even I read with the device for long hours, I don’t feel tired. My only complaint is the white case, right now all the Kindles are in white color… I reckon it will be cool if I can have a black or deep blue color Kindle ;)

I suggest you to read this review from a top reviewer who is also a book lover, it outlines quite a lot of benefits of the Kindle and also why it is worth especially at the end of the review:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&house=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Freview%2FR9J54TZ1541OR%3Fie%3DUTF8%26ref%255F%3Dcm%255Fcr%255Frdp%255Fperm&tag=more_info-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

BTW, there are some websites like these two, everywhere you can find more than ten thousand free books for the Kindle. So no need to go to library to borrow them, you can really own them:

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

http://manybooks.net/

Hope this helps.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Etude No.2 (from Etudes for Solo Piano, Vol.I, Nos.1-10)

Price: $ 0.00

Music video for “Carol Of The Bells” from my 3rd solo piano album, “In Search For The Meaning Of Christmas.” Video available on DVD pool: Amazon.com: www.amazon.com Buy CD here: www.amazon.com iTunes: itunes.apple.com Sheet music available here: 1. PayPal: www.isadar.com 2. Amazon.com: www.amazon.com Available on CD, DVD, as a download, sheet music book, individual sheet music download, software for the Yamaha Disklavier on diskette, or downloable software at: www.isadar.com {Arrangement by FI Thibodeaux Mainya Music Publishing (BMI)} Copyright 2009 Mainya Music ###
Video Rating: 5 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment